Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Year

I'm changin' it up. Loosenin' the belt a couple o' notches. There is change-o in the air. Big things are a brewin'. Who knows, I may come up with a better tag line that I can actually keep up with.

Three big things of my new year thus far...

1. I'm 26. (whoa) My girlfriend took me on a surprise trip to the beach. Bike rides, food, and ice cream*. It was my first staycation in LA. Pretty sweet. (*I do make a distinction between ice cream and food.) Two of the three photos are from said vacation.
"That's Me in the Corner"
Seriously, it is. Bottom left. The shadow taking the picture next to the smaller, extremely attractive shadow.

2. My theatre company's fundraising gala was a huge success and we are well on our way to reaching the budget for our spring play.
"Pensively Cool"
A shot during the setup of our theatre company's big gala. Tyler is an interesting animal. Cool and impulsive. Although the photo is slightly out-of-focus, In my attempt to justify the blurry image, I say it works with the subject material.


3. I quit my bar job. Maybe not the smartest idea in this economy but big risks hopefully yield big payoffs. We shall see. But, it is because I quit my bar job that I was able to go to the bachelor party and wedding of a good friend from college. Those good times make the tight money all worth while.

"A Single's View of Marriage"
The bride dragging the groom to the altar. It would've been a better picture, if I had the presence of mind and sobriety, to have some of the single fellas in the background. Considering the massive dinner we just came from prior to the party in the suite, I was overwhelmed by the Super Bowl-like spread -- chips and dips, cookies, scotch -- all good and necessary items. And I ate like a happy, fat kid.


Hey! Look! A BONUS PICTURE!



"A Representation of a Good Thing"
Low light, riding my bike, using a camera phone. Those are the factors that contributed to the poor photo quality here. Riding behind my lady on a bike path along the coast, I was struck by the lights contrasted against the black sky--the lamps running along the side of the power plant and her bike's tail light. The photo, frankly, is not my favorite but I love the memory and image it conjures up for me.








No comments: