Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Very Pittsburgh Wedding (Sept. 17-23)




"But What's Up With His Face?!"
I mean, it looks this guy is documenting a momentous occasion -- he FINALLY got his SAG card, that's awesome. ...But his face. I mean, look at the right side of it. It's like...stretched. Do you see that? Man, I hope that's the camera phone he's using that gives it that look or that poor-looking man will be doing a lot of character roles.

Some facts about blogs...
  1. 120,000 new blogs are created each day.
  2. 75% are abandoned within the first month.
  3. The blogosphere looks like the housing market.
I went with my girlfriend to visit her family in Pittsburgh. Included in the trip's itinerary was her old friend's wedding. So, I was at this wedding...



"Church and State"
I'm not sure what to say here. A picture is worth a thousand words. I guess that's enough.





"Sucker for Photo Science"
I see those great depths of field, those rules of three, the light and shadows and I just can't help myself. I also love used book stores, so there's that. And the lady in the picture. There's that. Oh. Wait. The one in the foreground. Not, the one in the background I just spotted. Whoa. That was close.


"My Big Fat Greek Friend"
I've gone through a couple failed descriptions of this new married couple's post-reception party at the bar. It's my inability as a writer to truly express what goes through my mind when I see this photo. Maybe, years from now, I will look at this picture and the words will flow like wine. Some day, I will be able to pull free these thoughts -- my own sword in the stone.


A look back (at my descriptions)...
I can't help but notice my lack of descriptions. Maybe I'm being hard on myself here but I said in two out of three that I cannot describe the photos. That's crap. I'm sorry. It's crap. I'll chalk that one up to laziness. Sorry, guys.

No comments: