Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Magic Moments (Sept. 8-15)

Three facts about this week's photos from Santa Barbara...
  1. I was drunk when I took two of them.
  2. I was sobering up when I took one of them.
  3. Alcohol has substantial negative effects on my "camera eye."
"It's All For That Guy."
It's a special moment shared between Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland and the red-shirted rocker on the floor. Later, that guy will say to his friends, "Dude. Scott Weiland was totally looking right at me during Lady Picture Show." They won't believe him. He'll relive the moment over and over in his mind -- "Did Scott and I really make eye contact? Maybe he was looking at that drunk girl next to me. Or maybe he was just kind of looking out at the crowd as a whole, like with a soft stare." Unfortunately he doesn't know that I captured his magic moment. Sucks for him. Lucky for...we're all lucky.



"a tiny magic moment."
You see that little white dot and that little black dot? Underneath the arch? They're at the horizon line. Well, anyway, they're in love. I would've gotten closer but it was late and, if they spotted me they would have thought me creepy or rude.
Photographer's Note: I was too far away to determine their relationship. They may have been friends.







"The Moment After."
Notice the blurry image of the girl walking out of frame. Here's what happened: This girl is hanging out with some friends at a bar in Santa Barbara. She just wants to have a good night out, maybe meet a guy, whatever. That's when she spots that loner over in the corner. That guy that strays from the herd. He's different than everyone else. She walks over to comment on the AC/DC song when he says something about taking her to the lobsters. She's creeped out, turns and runs. What you now know: The guy is better left alone. (And I only really had two pictures worth sharing this week.)

No comments: