Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chris and Steve Shoot (Oct. 8-14)

The first project produced by my company, Calico Jack Films. The film is entitled, "Chris and Steve," and follows...nevermind. You'll hear more about it soon enough. Here are a few keywords that would have been in the synopsis I was about to write: puppet, real guy, road trip, big audition, Burbank, loose woman, con-artist, (...), (...). Those last two words I deleted. They gave away a bit too much. Oh, yes. And I puppeteer and voice the cute rabbit fellow below.

"Get It All In"
This pretty much summarizes the weekend. I imagine a detective studying this photograph, gathering the clues, and putting together what transpired here. ... There's this puppet. He's "holding" a script for a short film called "Chris and Steve." Dave Jette wrote it. The script belongs to Dan. The peculiar angle at which this is shot indicates the photographer and proud owner of this puppet, probably Dan, is keeping something or someone out of frame -- probably the Steve character -- perhaps out of shame or frustration, maybe because this person is doing something they should not be doing, like drinking at 2am when they know we have to be up in four hours and this person has to be camera ready very early.

"The Beer is a Plant"
Jenny did not put the beer there. Someone did. My film shoots always seem to have a heavy dose of three ingredients:
  1. sleep deprivation
  2. early mornings
  3. beer at disgusting times

"Lighting is Awesome"
Taking a picture under excellent lighting conditions is like cooking with fresh food. You may have absolutely no idea how to cook but it will be delicious if you don't get in its way. I like my photographs like I like my California cuisine, fresh with all the right ingredients.

No comments: