Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas '08 at McCadden (Dec. 24 - 25)

Christmas at The McCadden House with Amy, Joseph, Meredith, and me. A time for celebrating those time-honored traditions -- giving, laughter, and a healthy amount of insobriety.

I know the title says, "the top three camera phone photos of my week." I know I'm sort of breaking the rules here adding some videos and all. But if there's one thing I learned from the Jim Carrey Oscar-contender, "Yes Man" is that you have to leave room for spontaneity. Change it up! Am I right, Mom, or what? Absolutely. Come on! Throw caution to the wind and watch some videos with me!


"Christmas Morning"
It was Amy's first time away from her family on Christmas. It's tough keeping up tradition away from home -- celebrating those family traditions with untrained friends. Joseph and I tried our best to be good Christians on Christmas. We wore red and green v-neck sweaters, respecfully, with collared shirts and ties. I felt like a young Republican. We played men versus women Trivial Pursuit, (and consequently discovered we were young urban professionals and better known as yuppies). The game that took off soaring with holiday cheer degraded over the hours of trivial questions into a cold war-like atmosphere where the tension could be cut with a butter knife and the slightest disagreement over how exactly you win at Trivial Pursuit threatened to ruin Christmas for three blocks in every direction. Thankfully, Jenny cross-checked the rules online, the men won (eventually), though their victory was overshadowed by the huge sigh of relief that the game was finally over.



"The Lady Doth Love Her Q-Tips"
It really is the little things in life that are often times the most cherished.

No comments: