Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Three Rules

"dip."
~Aug. 21, 2008

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." I found this little gold nugget in my bathroom, where the toothbrushes are located. I like to think this photo is directly related to Amy moving in with me. She brought over the toothbrush holder and her own toothbrush. Before her, there was just one, lonely toothbrush laying on the counter. I acknowledge the inherent cheese factor.
SHEPHERD
Sydney, I didn't decide to send
455 to the floor to get you back.

SYDNEY
I didn't come back because you decided
to send 455 to the floor.

I take a lot of pictures on my camera phone. So every week I will pick and post my top three favorite photos. I gave myself three rules.

All photos are...*
  1. Taken by me.
  2. With my phone.
  3. Between Monday and Sunday of that week.
(*I love lists. There will be more of them.)

I'm stealing this idea from a friend's friend. If that friend finds The Top Three, please let me know and I'll give you credit.

Photographer's Note: You may have noticed the above photo, "dip," was taken the week before last and therefore does not qualify for this blog under the rules I have set for myself. I also doctored it up by converting it to black and white, which is not an explicit rule but something I want to avoid. Now you may be thinking, "Did he just break his own rules for his very first post??? Wow. This blog is not going to last long." Keep those comments to yourself. They're not helpful.

Let the games begin...

No comments: